Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

Please be aware that this is the third book in a series. In order to give even the briefest synopsis, this review may contain spoilers to the first two books. You can read my reviews of The Lightning Thief here and The Sea of Monsters here.


The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Released: May 1, 2007
Age Group: 9-12
Pages: 320
Source: Library
Series: Book 3 of Percy Jackson and the Olympians


The Titan's Curse picks up soon after The Sea of Monsters left off. During a battle against the manticore, Annabeth and the goddess Artemis are both lost to the enemy. It is up to Percy, Thalia, Grover, and the hunters to find and rescue both. Percy and his friends must find Artemis before the winter solstice when the gods on Mount Olympus will vote on whether or not they go to war against the Titans. Meanwhile, also on Percy's mind is the mysterious monster Artemis was hunting before she was captured - a monster so powerful, the gods wouldn't stand a chance against it. But who could have kidnapped a goddess? Percy is afraid of the answer.

I'm really enjoying this series. I feel like I keep saying the same things - I love Greek mythology, I love the way the gods are portrayed - but Riordan keeps me pleasantly surprised with each new book. I find his stories original, the dialogue funny, and the writing easy (in a good way). Reading about Percy Jackson is sort of like having a conversation with an old friend - not overly stimulating or intense, but very familiar and comfortable. I would recommend this series to anyone in need of something light and funny, those with an interest in Greek mythology, and young boys who think books are yucky ;)

1 comment:

  1. This was my fav book of the series, but I have yet to read the last book. I'm glad you are enjoying this series! I am a fan of Greek mythololgy too.

    Oh yea, great name! lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails