Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Parents Are Sex Maniacs by Robyn Harding


My Parents Are Sex Maniacs by Robyn Harding
Publisher: Annick Press
Released: February 1, 2009
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 224
Source: Library


Louise Harrison is like most sixteen-year-old girls, self-conscious of herself. Lucky for her, Louise's best friend is Sienna Marshall which keeps her high on the social ladder despite her lack of fashion sense and big-boned figure. Junior year doesn't seem like it's going to turn out so bad when Louise's younger brother catches their dad and Sienna's mom in a very compromising er... position. Louise's world is turned upside down when her family falls apart and everyone places the blame on her dad, including Sienna.

This book was cute, I guess. It was definitely more of a light, fluffy read than anything else. The story was interesting enough, Louise's internal dialogue was funny, and Harding's version of high school was realistic. My favorite character was actually Louise's younger brother, Troy. His angry outbursts kept me laughing when the rest of the characters seemed a little bland.

1 comment:

  1. This seems like a really cute read! And I love a book that can make me laugh. Thanks for the wonderful review! (:

    Btw I'm loving the new layout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails