Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, the lovely ladies and guy at The B&B pick a topic and participants create their appropriate lists.

This week it is TTT Freebie - we can create a list about ANYTHING in literature. I'm going to cheat a little and revisit last week's topic: Top Ten Underrated Books. There are just SO MANY great books out there, and unfortunately not all of them get the attention they deserve. Here are a few I think you should give a chance:

The Absolute Value of -1 by Steve Brezenoff
This is a gritty, raw contemporary that is sort of like the boy version
of Courtney Summers. It leaves you feeling dirty . . . in a good way.
Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
DLev's first novel and always my favorite. It's basically a utopian love story.
I wish I lived in Paul's world.

Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder
My first book by Lisa. My first book in verse.
I always come back to this one.
God Is in the Pancakes by Robin Epstein
You know how endings are always hard? So few are right?
This one surpasses that and is perfect.

This book reminded me a little of Center Stage; I loved that movie.
It's also a great story of friendship.
Think you're tired of vampires? Pssht. Try this one.
Lucius makes vamps er...mouthwatering - Dracula style.

Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
Beautiful imagery made me want to get on the next flight to Wyoming.
Painful honesty made me realize maybe I just want to be like . . . me.
Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
Like Jessica, this one is another gem in the wide world of paranormal.
Throw in a little mystery and suspense, and you have a great adventure.

Such a fun, fast paced story. It's Nick and Norah meets Dash and Lily.
And you wondered why I loved it?
The Other Countess by Eve Edwards
This one only just came out, but historical fiction never gets the attention it deserves.
Hot English boy + forbidden love = win!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thank you for all these awesome book recommendations!

    Also, I’m a new follower— wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails