Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Author Interview: Heather Davis of Wherever You Go



Today I have Heather Davis, author of Wherever You Go, on the blog for an interview!



1. Twitter style: describe WHEREVER YOU GO in 140 characters or less.

Wherever You Go is a YA novel about the seen and unseen people in our lives. It’s about letting go of past hurt and embracing the future.

2. What are three things you must have for a productive writing day?

A cup of stovetop espresso with a touch of milk. My kitty cat Harper to distract me from time to time. Music -- I listen to everything from classic alternative to Dolly Parton’s country music if it helps the book.

3. I love WHEREVER YOU GO’s cover. Did you have any input and were you pleased with the final outcome?

My agent and I had liked the image of the girl when first shown it. There was another cover idea with flowers - but we felt that the girl had the same burdened look in her eyes that Holly should have. I love the colors, too. But the best part? The cover quote from Laini Taylor, an author I really admire.

4. Who are some of your writing inspirations?

My English teacher dad used to write stories. I used to find the beginnings of his stories in his study and dream up my own endings.

5. I understand WHEREVER YOU GO is told from the perspectives of Holly, Jason, and Rob. Was there one character you enjoyed writing more?

I can’t say that there was a favorite -- but I came to love Rob so much by the end of the book. All of the characters are heading toward change, but his is the biggest of all. Seeing yourself and others clearly and loving you/them anyway is the biggest change you can make in your life.



Thanks, Heather, for stopping by bookmarked today! Be sure to check out the other tour stops for more interviews, guest posts, and reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails