Monday, October 10, 2011

Author Interview: Janet Gurtler of If I Tell



Today I have Janet Gurtler, author of I'm Not Her and If I Tell, on the blog for an interview! I really enjoyed IF I TELL and jumped at the chance to ask her a few questions.



1. Twitter style: describe IF I TELL in 140 characters or less.

How can I tell her this now? How can I trust anyone? Why do people let me down? How do I make it out of this hole? Can I believe in Jackson?

2. What are three things you must have for a productive writing day?

Coffee, Sleep, Protein Bars

3. I love IF I TELL’s cover and the way it compliments that of I’M NOT HER. Did you have any input on either and were you pleased with the final outcome?

Thanks for the cover love! I didn’t have anything to do with the amazing covers and the way they do complement each other, but I was really pleased with them!!

4. Who are some of your writing inspirations?

JUDY BLUME, SE HINTON, JODY PICCOULT

5. Can you tell us anything about your next project?

YES! I am part of an anthology called THE FIRST TIME. And! I have a new book coming out with Sourcebooks Fire. Here’s the blurb, but the title will be changing!

Janet Gurtler's JUST BREATHE, in which a girl struggles with boy problems and serious regret after accidentally killing a boy she barely knows when she kisses him after consuming a peanut butter sandwich, not aware he has a deathly allergy to peanuts.



Thanks, Janet, for stopping by bookmarked today! I love anthologies, so I'm really looking forward to The First Time. Be sure to check out the other tour stops for more interviews, guest posts, and reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails