Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (20)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It features upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week's pick is...

Back When You Were Easier to Love
Coming April 28, 2011 - Preorder it below

From Goodreads:
What's worse than getting dumped? Not even knowing if you've been dumped. Joy got no goodbye, and certainly no explanation when Zan - the love of her life and the only good thing about stifling, backward Haven, Utah - unceremoniously and unexpectedly left for college a year early. Joy needs closure almost as much as she needs Zan, so she heads for California, and Zan, riding shotgun beside Zan's former-best-friend Noah.

Original and insightful, quirky and crushing, Joy's story is told in surprising and artfully shifting flashbacks between her life then and now. Exquisite craft and wry, relatable humor signal the arrival of Emily Wing Smith as a breakout talent.

My thoughts:

I love the idea of this book because let's face it, when the guy you liked in high school didn't like you back you seriously thought you would die. I don't know why people won't just admit that! Yeah it's embarrassing and seems incredibly stupid now, but at the time it was tragic. I was that girl, and I love reading about those girls now when I can sit back and laugh at what a fool I was.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a gr8 read. New Follower www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the cover features a library! The premise reminds me of Felicity. What a lovely flashback :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails