Friday, April 8, 2011

Forgotten Friday (5)

Forgotten Friday is something new here at bookmarked! After researching other memes, I discovered there really weren't any that featured the books we've always wanted to read but keep forgetting about. This is an idea I've had floating around for a while because I am notorious for wanting to read old releases and getting side tracked by the new books constantly coming out.

This week's featured book is . . .


They promised Meredith nine years of safety, but only gave her three.

Her father was supposed to be locked up until Meredith turned eighteen. She thought she had time to grow up, get out, and start a new life. But Meredith is only fifteen, and today her father is coming home from prison.

Today her time has run out.
Such a Pretty Girl
Laura Weiss
first published 2007

It's been several weeks since I've posted one of these and because it's National Child Abuse Prevention Month, I thought it'd be a good idea to feature a book on the subject. I first heard about this book a few years ago when several ladies in my online book club were talking about it. I've always been a fan of rough subject matter, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get to this title yet. It's received no less than four stars on goodreads from several people I trust tremendously. I just put it on hold at the library, so hopefully I'll be able to pick it up this weekend. What books have you guys forgotten lately?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails