Sunday, April 10, 2011

In My Bag (32)

In My Bag is my version of the weekly meme, In My Mailbox. IMM was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren, and it explores the contents of my mailbox or shopping bag on a weekly basis.

I finally got around to using my BN giftcards from Christmas, and I was able to get a few titles I've been looking forward to reading along with some favorites that have been missing from my personal shelves.

(poor Josh is cleaning the kitchen while I play with the camera)
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Paper Towns by John Green
It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly


This past Thursday, Friday, Saturday was the LSU Friends of the Library sale which is one of the highlights of my year. It's huge - like, it's an actual barn full of books. Heaven! My mom and I were a little bummed that we weren't able to get there until the last day, but just after arriving they announced everything was 1/2 off. So, we made off like bandits and had a lot of fun browsing the shelves.

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O. McNees
Crazy Good by Charles Leerhsen
One Day by David Nicholls
Getting the Girl by Markus Zusak
Evermore by Alyson Noël
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Impossible by Nancy Werlin
Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
Jumping off Swings by Jo Knowles
Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle
The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti
Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff


Overall, it was a fantastic week for books!
Thanks Grandma, Aunt Sandi and Britt for the giftcards! As you can see, I put them to good use. It feels good to be filling up my shelves :)
My mom wouldn't let me pay for my loot at the book sale (moms are awesome), but she only paid $19.25 for $212.66 worth of books. Score!

What'd you guys get this week?

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm so jealous of that book sale.... My library just has a room or two of books, not a barn! Haha! It looks like you made off with some great books!

    Here's my mailbox.

    Have a great week!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails