Monday, March 21, 2011

World Poetry Day

In honor of World Poetry Day, I thought I'd feature some of my favorite verse books, along with some I can't wait to read. I never thought I liked poetry, and then I read Chasing Brooklyn. Lisa's writing was so powerful, I named it my favorite book of 2010. If you're already a fan of books told in verse, I hope you find a few new reads from this list. If you're not or haven't had any experience with it, I suggest you start with this list!




Glass, Crank, Fallout by Ellen Hopkins

Impulse, Burned, Identical by Ellen Hopkins

Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
Sold by Patricia McCormick
Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams


I Heart You, You Haunt Me, Far From You
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan
Exposed by Kimberly Marcus

Because I Am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas
Wicked Girls by Stephanie Hemphill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails