Friday, January 15, 2010

The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan


The Realm of Possibility is not your average novel, but then David Levithan isn't your average writer, either.

I was first introduced to Levithan when I read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last year, cowritten by Rachel Cohn. Someday I'll post a review of it and you'll see why immediately after finishing Nick and Norah I added all of Levithan's books to my ever-growing list.

I was nearly halfway through Possibility when I realized I was really loving it. I had no idea what it was about beforehand (I have a habit of doing that), so I was a little nervous when I discovered the entire book was written in verse by twenty different narrarators. The writing was amazing and so was Levithan's voice, which was what made me plow through the first half of the book. At that point I realized the narrarators were all students at the same high school and their stories were intertwined. Genius! Each of Levithan's characters had a distinct voice that spoke of the issues and emotions we all felt in high school - love, heartbreak, angst, etc. I finished this book last week, and I am still amazed by it.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails