Thursday, January 28, 2010

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin


Naomi Porter loses a coin toss, falls down a flight of stairs, and hits her head. She awakes in an ambulance with a boy claiming to be her boyfriend who disappears soon after they arrive at the hospital. Naomi soon discovers that she remembers nothing that happened in the past four years. She doesn't know that she has a boyfriend (who isn't the guy from the ambulance), why her best friend calls her "Chief," or that her parents are now divorced. She returns to her junior year of high school as a stranger to herself. Memoirs takes a hard look at the high school experience, and Naomi realizes she doesn't need her memory to find her true self.

I love love loved the characters in this book. Zevin did a fantastic job filling the typical high school roles. I also loved getting to know Naomi as she got to know herself. I was very pleased with this book overall.

1 comment:

  1. I read this after reading your recommendation of it here on your blog :) I really liked it I just felt like it would have been a little more in depth, did you feel that way or was it just me? Either way thanks for recommending it because I started and finished it in the same day so I know I liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails