Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Changes

Hey guys, there's been a lack of reviews lately because I'm in a writing funk. It's always been important to me to write my own synopsis for the books I'm reviewing. Why this matters so much to me, I have no idea. Maybe I thought it made my reviews more authentic or something? Who knows. The point is it really delays things because I often find myself stuck on the synopsis. Because of this I have over two dozen drafts I can.not.finish.

Adele of Persnickety Snark wrote a post a while back about how she writes reviews and brought something very important to light: people get paid to do that. Part of the marketing process is coming up with an appealing cover and an official blurb to catch readers' attention. Last I checked, I hadn't received payment for any of the summaries I've construed. So, I will from now on be including the official blurb for each of the books I review. The thought irks me still, but I will hopefully become a more efficient reviewer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the exact same spot! I'm behind on reviews because I can't write the synopsis, and I refuse to use anything but my own.

    Maybe I just need to get over it, too. Hm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails